Vista
Here we are, a couple of I.O.W.A.'s
Planning our route
One tired guy
A walk in the woods
Vista
Our campsite on day 2
Well, Dad and I headed out for what was intended to be an 8 day, 105 mile excursion through the AT section of Shanendoah National Park. 2 days and 20 miles later our water purifier pooped out on us, Dad came down with a bad chest cold, and I had multiple knots in my neck and back from carrying a pack that was way too heavy. Oh well...we tried, right. We learned a lot. And I had a few firsts. First (5) bear sightings, first time hitchhiking, first time getting poison oak....We met some very interesting people at the campsite and catching a ride back to the car. All in all, I'd say it was a success despite retiring early back to civilization. Here are a few pictures that I snapped with my new camera....
No comments:
Post a Comment