8.19.2010

Here are some pictures from my hike at the Peaks of Otter in VA. It turned out to be a really foggy day with no visibility when we reached the top. The forest was beautiful though with the fog and dew. We were able to find the remains of a 1942 plane crash (B25 - military plane that was doing a low elevation training mission when it went down).



Here is the gang taking a rest.

I thought that the moss on the trees and rocks was pretty.

Some of the wreckage from the crash...there were pieces strewn about over a large expanse.

I love how my new camera captures the details of very close up shots!


Another spider web.

A pretty butterfly...or maybe a moth??...on the forest floor. I almost crushed this little guy!

I really liked the colors of these leaves.

That's me. I know how dad loves these shots of tiny people in the landscape ; )

There were a bunch of boulders at the top that were fun to explore.


A random log.




Again, I love the details! I think the dew on the leaves portrays the serenity of this day.

1 comment:

  1. great photos - you have such a good eye for great pictures!

    ReplyDelete